Would you describe yourself as assertive?
Are you considerate of others, and open in your communication?
Do you ‘hold back’, or do you ‘step on toes’ too often?
Nobody is born assertive, assertiveness is a learned behaviour.
Our Assertiveness Training aims to increase individual’s awareness of influence styles in inter-personal relationships. Individuals are able to engage in self-assessment tools to measure their assertive, passive & aggressive behavioural tendencies, whilst gaining new knowledge, skills and attitudes for assertiveness in the workplace. Increased assertiveness results in individuals being open, honest, respectful, tactful, considerate and confident..
By the end of the programme, learners would be able to:
- Identify and measure behaviors of non-assertiveness and aggressiveness.
- Understand the impact of these behaviors in terms of team spirit, supervision, morale and credibility.
- Discover the real or root causes for these behaviors.
- Identify the skills, attitudes and knowledge to develop assertiveness.
- Identify measures to maintain and sustain the techniques learned on the programme.
Our Assertiveness Assertiveness Training has a total of 4 Modules, which cover the following topics:
- Module One: Interpersonal Influence Inventory and Self Awareness
- Module Two: Exploring Assertiveness
- Module Three: Why? Situational and Personal Influences
- Module Four: How? Thoughts, Emotions, Verbal and Body Language
Method of Presentation :
Teaching Aids :
Course Manuals, MS PowerPoint presentation and Audio/ Visual presentations.
Personal Assertiveness & DISC Analyser’ tool. Self-Assessment & Introspection.
Facilitation, Group Interaction, Breakaway group sessions, Practical learning Activities and Games.
Target Group :
Applicable for most levels of an organisation.
Duration of Course :
Training can be conducted in-house, or at a venue of your choice.