How to focus on work vs. distractions around
Coronavirus, Covid-19, daily infection rates, death rates, lockdown levels, economic challenges, Donald Trump, politics, stupid people, peace, prosperity, threats, latest songs released, Netflix, mobile notifications, work from home challenges, laziness, depression, comfort zones, and poor habits.
How do you focus on work and put aside the distractions around? Here are 20 thoughts that could make a difference to you:
- Get up early in the morning.
- Make “me time” for at least an hour
- Exercise daily – early preferable
- Have a weekly plan
- Start work on time, promptly
- Make small positive adjustments to your working environment. Clean, neat, orderly, and tidy is great for the mind
- One positive action or task completed well builds self-confidence
- Keep the main thing the main thing
- Attract the right people around you
- Communicate to whoever matters. Your manager, your colleagues. Feed off their energy. Help and lift others.
- Work an honest day’s work
- Turn off the distractions. Replace with relaxing music for concentration
- Take occasional breaks. Get some sun (the sun gives life)
- Say “yes” to the important, “no” to the urgent, popular, tempting
- If you want to be disciplined, be a disciple
- Balance in your life is good, intentional “imbalance” in your life is greater (“There is a time and place for everything”)
- Be kind to yourself. Don’t beat yourself if things don’t work out. Manage your stress. Get back on track
- Look forward to your own rewards when you have a successful and winning day
- Count your blessings or good fortunate to have work, skills, and expertise
- How you feel about yourself matters most. Believe in worth, value, potential, and abilities. Believe in yourself.
Share Article :