Assessor Course: Conduct outcomes-based assessment – SAQA ID: 115753 – 3 days
This skills training programme is accredited by the ETDP SETA at NQF Level 5 for 15 credits.
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
This generic assessor unit standard is for those who assess people for their achievement of learning outcomes in terms of specified criteria using pre-designed assessment instruments. The outcomes and criteria may be defined in a range of documents including but not limited to unit standards, exit level outcomes, assessment standards, curriculum statements and qualifications.
Those who achieve this unit standard will be able to conduct assessments within their fields of expertise. This unit standard will contribute towards the achievement of a variety of qualifications, particularly within the fields of Education Training and Development Practices and Human Resource Development.
People credited with this unit standard are able to carry out assessments in a fair, valid, reliable and practicable manner that is free of all bias and discrimination, paying particular attention to the three groups targeted for redress: race, gender and disability.
- The learner develops a better knowledge of the new training system in South Africa;
- Once learners become registered assessors with the ETDP SETA, they will be able to register themselves with their own SETA against the unit standards that they are competent and qualified to assess in;
- Once the learners have become registered assessors, they will be able to assess whether their own learners on their training are competent or not yet competent in their area of expertise;
- One of the core criteria in order for a company to become an accredited training provider is that they have registered assessors in place;
- Since May 2004, only registered assessors are able to certify learners, otherwise their credits won’t be recognized;
- It saves time and money for the organization to have internal registered assessors rather than contracting external consultants;
- If the company pays their SDL levy, a portion of the cost of the assessor training can be claimed back from their SETA
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 1
Demonstrate understanding of outcomes-based assessment.
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 2
Prepare for assessments.
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 3
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 4
Provide feedback on assessments.
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 5
|Unit Standard||Conduct outcomes-based assessment|
Method of presentation:
- Course manuals; Facilitation; Self-assessments; Participative involvement; Presentations, Portfolio of Evidence
- 330 Smith Street, Salisbury Centre
- Suite 102/103, Durban, 4000
- 3 days
DATE AND TIMES
- 6th, 7th and 8th of February 2018
INVESTMENT & APPROACH
R3 000 per delegate (+ vat)
This is inclusive of:
- Course Manuals/ Learner Guide & Learner Workbook (POE build)
- Assessment and Moderation
- Portfolio of Evidence Build + Upload of learner results to SETA
- Use of PPT & A/V presentations, laptop, use of data projector
- Provider Certificates of Achievement
- The work is assessed, moderated and uploaded.
- Verification to be done by the ETDP seta