Advanced Project Management Training
3 Day course which covers:
Pricing and Costing.
Business /Project Plans Development.
Project Management Training – Learning Outcomes :
Upon completing this skills program, the delegate should be able to apply the following general and cross-cutting areas of learning, as well as specific areas of learning will be addressed:
- The principals, methods and techniques of recognized best practice in project and quality management
- Gathering and analyzing information and planning a project to deliver an integrated Project Management Plan
- Communication Skills: both verbal and written Presentation of information
- Time Management: the ability to estimate resources and durations to create a Network Diagram and draw up the Project Schedule or Gantt chart.
- Cost Management: the ability to estimate costs and create a project budget and then control costs to measure performance using Key Performance Indicators such as SVI and CPI
- Projects and system thinking and implementation
- General understanding of how an organization is structured and operates, so as to enhance communication amongst stakeholders.
- Verification and cross-checking techniques
- Monitoring and evaluation practices, including how to obtain and give feedback
- How approval processes work and why they are needed
- Documentation practices, including version control
- Problem solving, using various techniques
- Professional responsibility and respect for ethics, society and others
- Dealing with change management
Training Assessments and Assignments :
The Project Management Advance Skills Training Programme comprises of the following 13 sections of study:
- Section 1: An overview of the nature of projects and project management.
- Section 2: The project management context: the project management lifecycle
- Section 3: The project management processes
- Section 4: Project Integration Management
- Section 5: Scope Management and the Work Breakdown Structure
- Section 6: Time Management
- Section 7: Cost Management
- Section 8: Quality Management
- Section 9: Human Resources Management
- Section 10: Communication Management
- Section 11: Risk Management
- Section 12: Procurement Management
- Section 13: Change Management
Registered NQF Unit Standards:
Skills Training Programme : Advanced Project Management
Accredited : Services SETA
NQF Level : 4
Credits : 22
Unit Standards :
(U/S 120372) : Explain fundamentals of project management
(U/S 120384) : Develop a simple schedule to facilitate effective project execution
(U/S 120373) : Contribute to project initiation, scope definition and scope change control
Target Group :
Administrators, Frontline staff, Finance Departments, Call Centre personnel, Marketing and Sales staff, Managers, Receptionists and all levels of an organisation.
Duration of Course :
Training can be conducted in-house or as a public workshop in Durban, SA.