Moderator Course: Conduct moderation of outcomes-based assessment (SAQA ID: 115759) – 3 days
This skills training programme is accredited by the ETDP SETA at NQF Level 6 for 10 credits.
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
This unit standard is for people who conduct internal or external moderation of outcomes-based assessments. The assessments could be in terms of outcomes defined in a number of documents, including but not limited to unit standards, exit level outcomes, assessment standards, curriculum statements and qualifications. This unit standard will contribute towards the achievement of a variety of qualifications particularly within the field of Education Training and Development Practices and Human Resource Development.
Those who have achieved this unit standard will be able to moderate assessments in terms of the relevant outcome statements and quality assurance requirements. The candidate-moderator will be able to use the prescribed Quality Assurance procedures in a fair, valid, reliable and practicable manner that is free of all bias and discrimination, paying particular attention to the three groups targeted for redress: race, gender and disability.
- Explain moderation in terms of its contribution to quality assured assessment and recognition systems
- Within the context of principle regulations concerning the NQF
- Describe and compare moderation methods in terms of strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrate how moderation activities could verify the fairness and appropriateness of assessment methods and activities used by assessors in different assessment situations
- Plan and prepare for moderation ensuring the manageability of the process
- Conduct moderation in accordance with the moderation plan
- Explain how unforeseen events may be handled without compromising the validity of the moderation
- Check assessment instruments and processes
- Confirm that special needs of candidates have been provided for, but without compromising the requirements specified in the relevant outcome statement
- Handle appeals against assessment decisions in accordance with organisational appeal procedures
- Advise and support assessors
- Provide advice on quality management systems including planning, staffing, resourcing, training and recording systems
- Report, record and administer moderation
- Review moderation systems and processes; and
- Recommend improvements of the moderation system and processes in line with ETQA requirements and overall manageability
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 1
Demonstrate understanding of moderation within the context of an outcomes-based assessment system.
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 2
Plan and prepare for moderation.
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 3
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 4
Advise and support assessors.
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 5
Report, record and administer moderation.
SPECIFIC OUTCOME 6
Review moderation systems and processes.
|Unit Standard||Conduct moderation of outcomes-based assessment|
Method of presentation:
- Course manuals; Facilitation; Self-assessments; Participative involvement; Presentations, Portfolio of Evidence
- 330 Smith Street, Salisbury Centre
- Suite 102/103, Durban, 4000
- 3 days
DATE AND TIMES
- 13th, 14th and 15th of February 2018
INVESTMENT & APPROACH
R3 000 per delegate (No vat)
This is inclusive of:
- Course Manuals/ Learner Guide & Learner Workbook (POE build)
- Assessment and Moderation
- Portfolio of Evidence Build + Upload of learner results to SETA
- Use of PPT & A/V presentations, laptop, use of data projector
- Provider Certificates of Achievement
- The work is assessed, moderated and uploaded.
- Verification to be done by the ETDP seta